The entire Wildcat family had a great time at the annual Fun Run event! Thank you to all the wonderful parent volunteers that helped make this another successful event!
We have been working very hard these past few weeks in first grade, and everyone is looking forward to the three day weekend! Have a relaxing and fun Labor Day Holiday!
Important events to remember for the upcoming weeks:
- September 5th…Labor Day Holiday
- September 8th…Fall Pictures
- September 12th…CIA Meeting
- September 14th… Mid-term Interims Sent Home
Just wanted to thank all of the parents that came to Back to School Night to visit classrooms and meet the teachers. Hopefully everyone had fun playing Wildcat Go!, and earned a out of uniform pass for their child. SJV is very blessed to have such wonderful parents that participate and support our school!
Here are just a few things we are learning in First Grade:
- Practiced writing our letters
- Created rhyming families
- Discussed author/illustrator
- Learned high frequency words
- Made an autobiography poster
- Practiced writing our numbers/number words
- Counted on and back
- Problem solved by removing extra information
- Everyone can do science
- Working together helps us learn
- Scientists learn by observing and investigating
- American symbols
- Pledge of Allegiance
- History of Labor Day
- The importance of being kind to others
- Who is God?
- What is Heaven like?
- Celebrated Mass as a school community
Can’t wait for next week to learn even more!