Parading along in Pre-K
April, April where have you gone?!? This will be our first 5 day school week, since the beginning of April! The shortened weeks, coupled with the new Spring weather, have made learning and focusing a tricky task for some Pre-K students.
However, we are still working hard here in the classroom! We are doing a mixture of review, as well as exploring new concepts. Some friends are memorizing sight words, while some are “graduating” from tracing highlighted work – to writing names, letters, and numbers ALL ON THEIR OWN!
Nonetheless, we are all growing and learning at our own pace. Mrs. Schaefer couldn’t be more proud with the goals that were reached and mastered this year, as well as those that are still being accomplished!
May will soon be upon us, which will bring us to our last 19 days of school!
Please keep the following events in mind, as the school year comes to a close…
May 4th (Thursday) – Art and Music Show
• Come walk through the gym, for a display of yearly art work, from ALL of the SJV students.
• Piano and Choir students will also be performing to showcase their musical talents.
• Volunteers are needed to help make this night a success. If you are short on REQUIRED volunteer hours, please e-mail Mr. Gregory McCord: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 5th (FRIDAY) – Field Day
• Is a FULL day of school
• Field Day activities will be happening between 12:00 – 3:00
• Volunteers are needed throughout the day to make this event a success. Copy and paste the following link into your browser, to check out opportunities to volunteer. http://signup.com/go/Pe8Xk5
May 26th (FRIDAY) – Last Day of School
• The day begins with an 8:00 Mass
• Following Mass, in the church, there will be a short award ceremony
• When the students return to the school, the elementary hallway will begin their end-of-the-year send off. (more information in tonight’s blue folder)
• Dismissal begins at 11:30.
• Half-day, with no aftercare!