Rockin’ in Week 24!
Hello Parents! I hope this finds you all well. Just a brief update of school happenings before we get into the weekly classroom playlist!
- Last week a note came home in your student’s Wednesday Folder informing you of what the elementary grades would be doing for their Valentine’s Day celebration. If you missed that note, it said that we were asking for $1 to cover the cost of a cupcake that each student would enjoy while watching a G-rated movie. That money was due to your child’s teacher on Friday, February 7. If you have not turned in your money, please get it to your child’s teacher by tomorrow, February 11. We need to give the money to our volunteer parent baker so she can get working on the cupcakes. Just a reminder, students who do not turn in movie will have to sit out of the celebration.
- Tonight is SJV’s monthly CIA meeting. The meeting usually runs from 6-7. Please try to attend!
- Also today began the outside bidding, for classroom projects, that will be auctioned off at the acoustic evening this Saturday. If you are not attending, but would like to bid on a classroom project, now is your chance! Just stop in the office and see Mrs. Kemp.
- Interim Reports will be coming home in this week’s Wednesday folder. Please keep in mind that sometimes there are very few grades collected before this point in the semester. If a grade is low, or lower than past grades, it does not necessarily mean your student is struggling. It can simply mean they didn’t perform their best on one or two assignments, and there were 4-5 total grades taken. However if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email or school phone.
- REMEMBER: NO SCHOOL THIS FRIDAY OR MONDAY! Please enjoy your long weekend!
This Week’s Playlist:
Spelling: Greek/Latin root words. Test on Thursday, February 13.
Math: Equivalent Fractions, Roman Numerals, and daily timed multiplication tests. There will also be a skills assessment on Wednesday, February 12.
Reading: Journey to the Moon. (expository text about Apollo 11) Test on Thursday, February 13.
Religion: Liturgical Year
Science: Finishing Unit C – Chapter 2 – Forces that Shape the Land. Test on Tuesday, February 18. (I apologize for the scheduling of a test after a long weekend, but due to scheduling purposes we must get this in ASAP)
Social Studies – Chapter 8 – How Government Works. Test will be sometime at the end of next week. (February 20th/21st)